Sunday, April 27, 2008

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

I just had the funnest weekend at a Digital Scrapbooking retreat with my favorite friend Kirsten! Friday night she & I headed up to Park City after dumping our kids off with our husbands at work. At first we kinda thought it would be a bit of a waste of time because the first little class that night was kinda basic, but soon the mind-blowing tips and tricks started and we are the biggest nerds. Just check us out with all our laptops and whatnot...
Classes on Friday were done by 10:30, but Kirsten & I hadn't eaten dinner yet, so we ventured to Albertsons and found lovely junk food and delicious ciabatta roll sandwiches with pesto sauce. Then we hooked up with her sweet cousin, Brooke who was there to teach a class. She is such a doll and had the CUTEST 3 week old baby. I could not wrap my brain around being that well put together after having a baby only 3 weeks before. She is soooo creative, too! Anyway, we all went down to the lobby & found a whole bunch of our fellow scrap-nerds and talked shop and ate delicious cookies from here, one of a very few reasons I've found to stop in Utah Valley. Well, that went on till I decided I was tired at midnight, but when Kirsten & I went to bed, we experienced a strange combination of not being able to shut our pieholes and being too tired to sleep and suddenly not being very tired. At any rate I don't think we were asleep before 3:30 am; which didn't actually really suck until about 3pm, when we both wanted to poke our eyeballs out. But we learned SOOOOO STINKIN' MUCH COOL STUFF!!!! We kept looking over at each other & going, ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh, and when Kirsten said it she would do one of my favorite things she does, the famous Kirsten "hand flap". Flip your hands back and forth in front of your face like a spazz. That's how it is done, and it makes me smile everytime. I {heart} Kirsten.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Celeste! My new friend!! It was so fun to meet you last weekend. You're too sweet, I'm really not very "put together" at all...just ask my family! ;) Now I'll have to stalk your bloggie! Hee hee...I'm glad you and Kirsten got to come.

Kirsten said...

That was so fun ohmygoshohmygosh...
that's exactly what it was. I have been thinking about it since we came back, all the things I am going to do with my pages. I am totally going to frame that picture on my blog, you called it. I love the casual pictures that are so us, and that's one of my favs...I LOVE YOU!!