Thursday, March 15, 2007

Today was a good day

Kirsten called this morning to invite us to go to "Pump it up" with her. This is a cool place, they have all these big blow up toys & slides & bounce houses, and because Sawyer is under 2 it was free for us. I'm going to have to bring Matt back there soon, because he would totally love it. It was really nice to have some time with Kirsten to myself. She had left Mason & Bennett with her mom because she needed to have some one on one time with Porter, but that actually made it easier for me to have some kinda one on one time with her & I LOVED it! Porter is turning into such a sweetie & it is cool to see how great of a mother Kirsten is as well. Then we went to Home Depot & got a bunch of plants & stuff, and then to the gym (I can finally do the "advanced" workout on the climbing wall without falling off, yeah for me!) and while Sawyer napped, I went outside and worked my butt off on the yard. I love doing that. I love working so hard on something so rewarding that time flies and you come back inside just bone-weary and stinky and a cold shower feels sooooo good. When Matt got home, we played in the backyard and it was so much fun to finally be outside having fun as a family. Apparently Sawyer worked up a thirst, because she started drinking out of Charlie's bowl after her bath. It was hard not to laugh and encourage her, cuz that is really gross, but I did get this funny picture.

1 comment:

Esther Dodge said...

How is Kirsten? Where is she? See I got married and moved away and lost touch with most all my friends and aquaintances let alone getting to go to "pump it up" with them. That is neat that you get to have those times with them. I don't know that I would enjoy "pump it up" but
I would love to come work in your yard with you.
Esther