Sunday, October 21, 2007

good to be home

Due to some awesome communication skills, Matt & I went on separate vacations this weekend. He had made plans to go down to St. George with the Georges, and I had Erika & Greg's wedding and cake as well as my neice Shari's pageant in Idaho, so I went North and he went South. Which actually was okay because every once in a while we like to have a chance to really miss each other. The cake turned out beautifully, (go look at it here) and Erika was a beautiful bride, I'm really so proud of her, what a babe. Then on Saturday, Sawyer and I went on a bit of a shopping spree, I got some jeans, a dress, a shirt and a pair of shoes that deserve their very own post, which will come later. Then we headed up to Idaho which was a lovely drive and went to Shari's pageant, which she totally rocked, and took first runner up. Her talent was absolutley flawless. She sang a song from Beauty & the Beast and accompanied herself on the piano. What a set of pipes that girl has. I'm so proud of how all my neices and nephews are turning out, they are really my heroes. Sawyer and I attempted to sleep in the same bed last night, I was too lazy to go out and get her port-a-crib at midnight, and I figured it couldn't be too bad, it was a king size bed, right? But no, Sawyer wanted to hold my hand all night, so no matter what I couldn't get comfy, and at one point in time she was on the floor, I don't know how it happened, but I found her and pulled her up on my chest like she used to sleep when she was just a newborn and we slept like that for a while, it was pretty nice, although did not make for a very restful evening. We went to church with Mandy & Ron and JJ was ordained a teacher and then Ron made a freaking amazing mongolian bbq dinner for everyone. I did not want want to leave at all. I don't get to spend nearly enough time with my cool family. They are crazy & sometimes they drive me crazy, but they are also so wonderful and fun and supportive in all the things that matter that it really makes me feel incredibly lucky to be a Miller.

1 comment:

Kierstin said...

So, I went onto your cake website and saw all of your cakes...my mouth is watering and I am in AWE at your creative abilities with frosting and cake. You are my hero, mrs. cake maker-decorator. I love you to crumbs.