Sunday, February 24, 2008

I want to be better

There are so many things that I wish I could do better. I wish I could pause life and just practice for a few weeks on each thing, and then push play again, and resume my life as a better scrapbooker, momma, scripture reader, cake decorator, wife, house cleaner, writer, friend, temple- attender, sibling, daughter, neighbor, eater, dresser, etc., etc., etc. I think I'm a better learner when I can totally emerse myself in something for a while, and that's why it's been pretty discouraging in the last few years, a toddler really doesn't let you focus on any one thing for more than a few minutes at a time. So, if I look at my life, the things that I am doing at a level that is acceptable to me must be the things that I feel are most important, right? Well that is a very short list, and here it is: exercising and more recently blogging. How dumb is that? You'd think that by this time in my life I'd have a good scripture study routine down at least. But, no. Instead of doing the things that really matter as far as true progression goes, I am at the gym. I guess if I were one of those people who hate excercising, I'd be singing a different tune. I suppose I should look at is as "well at least I have that one down," and move on, keeping that good habit intact. Okay, that's what I'll do. My next life-long habit to create is one that will affect all the other truly important ones: daily meaningful scripture study and prayer. Please help me out by asking how I'm doing occasionally, okay, friends? Thanks.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Celeste, you're a hot mama...wouldn't a pause button be stupendous?!

BTW, that pool picture almost brought me to tears....so ready for warm weather!