Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Big Girl Room!


It's been a long time coming, but Sawyer is finally out of a crib and in a new "big girl" room I had a lot of fun decorating it and I'm kind of surprised at how much I love it. It's girly but not princessy and Sawyer really seems to like it. We used the huge beach prints I stole from J. Crew and made a surfer/beach themed room with the island toile sheets from Pottery Barn. Matt & I took advantage of Labor Day & painted the room what I've decided should have been called pistachio ice cream. I really love how it turned out, it looks great with the light turquoise headboard & nightstand. We went to Ikea yesterday and got two shelves for the west wall that is totally bare. Now I need to go through her toys and brutally throw out all the random crap, as well as get a small dresser that will (hopefully) fit in the closet. I've got a cake Saturday & next Tuesday, so all that organizing will probably have to wait until those are done. Sawyer did unbelievably well in her bed last night, didn't get out once! It was not that way today during her nap. She was in there for 3 hours, but didn't sleep a wink, then at the stroke of 7pm she fell asleep on the couch while waiting for dinner. The worst possible time to have a little nap. Lovely. We did get some very, very cute pictures this weekend though. Charlie is going to enjoy having the room accessable again. I had the door closed for the last month or so while I was trying to prep the walls and cleanse the room of dog hair before painting. It's Charlie's favorite room because of the beautiful morning sun; makes for a good post-breakfast nap.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks great.
Take more shots though. I wanna see the walls and all the furniture.
I'm interested to see what pistashio paint is.

Kierstin said...

She looks like Imogen Heap with that hairdo! Beautiful!

the Lola Letters said...

So cute! I totally wanna see more, and Sawyer is so ridiculously gorgeous...geez!