Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Proud mama moment

I don't consider this much of a "mama-blog", I'm too self-involved & need a place to vent, so that's what this is. But I need to do a better job of recording the fun, silly and/or amazing things my daughter does & says, and since I'm not digital scrapbooking right now, I think I'll start putting more things like that here.
With that said...
Today I was in the shower when Sawyer came in.
"momma guess what I just did!"
(oh crap, I'm thinking, I've left her pretty unsupervised over the last hour...)
"what sweetheart?"
"I just said my own prayers all by my lone!"
(she's been very resistant to saying prayers lately)
"oh yeah? How does that make your heart feel when you talk to Heavenly Father?"
"so, so, so, so, so, so, nice & good! And I asked for daddy & me to be safe while we swim today! And we will be!"
Yup, that's what my kid does while she's unsupervised for a while.
That and empty out her crayon bank alllll over her room.

- Posted from my iPhone

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Makes it all worth it.

Ashley Thalman said...

"all by my lone". That is the most heartmeltingly (yes, a real Thalman word) wonderful THING!

James and Jenni McBride said...

What a cutie!

the Lola Letters said...

I'm with Ashley, "all by my lone" is pretty much awesome.

That Sawyer is yummy.

Celestial, beautiful and just darn yummy.

I can't wait to be her mother-in-law ;)

P.S. Can we just MOVE to the cabin the summer and play wilderness family? Lets. ;)

Nana Sue said...

Hi Celeste!

I love your blog and have been quite the stalker :) and decided I had better come out of the closet!

I'm so excited you are going to welcome another little one!

I also want to know if you are still doing wedding cakes? Our youngest daughter is getting married and we are looking for awesome cake makers - please let me know! xoxo
Sue B
suebenson@remax.net
801-599-7000