Tuesday, April 26, 2011

1st lose-ed toof


Last Wednesday I picked Sawyer up from tumbling & found only part of her there. She put the missing piece in her pocket & we were very lucky it stayed in there during class. That night we put it in a baggie under her pillow & hoped for the best. Little Miss Tooth Fairy did not dissapoint. She brought a DVD- Barbie & the Magic of Pegasus! We love a Barbie movie around these parts. (by "we" I mean Sawyer & no one else.)

For some reason this little rite of passage seems very big to me. I may have gotten a bit teary when it started wriggling. We waited 12 months for that tooth to come in & now at the ripe old age of 5 and a half, it has abandoned it's post & turned my baby girl into a kid-type person.

She's riding a bike (with training wheels, don't get all excited)
She's crossing the street unassisted.
She's watching her brother alarmingly well.
She's walking friends to the door when they have to go home, offering their coats & saying "thank you for coming!"
Today she wouldn't hold my hand in the store.
We fought over the length of her shorts just the other day.

What in the world is going on here?

Oh, and I had promised to tell about kicking 3 of Sawyer's friends out of the house, but it's a rather boring tale; it doesn't merit it's own post. The other day Sawyer had two friends over, and then our darling little British accented neighbor boy came over as well. I love these kids all individually, but collectively, and I'm including Sawyer in this, they drive me crazy. Let's just say there was couch-stripping and fort building and then demolition & all together too much noise for an exhausted little 11.75 month old baby boy. But the last straw was when I asked people to help clean up and was met with military coup-like resistance. So people were asked to leave. Not really a big deal.

No comments: