Saturday, July 12, 2008

weirdo-beardo-banana-fanna-fierdo

I'm sick of looking at my garden here at the top of my blog. So I will make a new post that is less depressing. This weekend has been really fun, but I haven't really gotten anything done that I meant to. Because, for real, my house needs some love, my yard needs some love, my dog needs some love and I think that probably my husband needs some love. Friday night was my 10 year high school reunion, which I probably wouldn't have gone to if Kirsten hadn't been in charge of it and adamantly insisted that I go. But I am so glad I did, it was a blast & really great to see the great people that I went to school with. Kinda surreal though. I swear I'm not that old. Most people were pretty much the same, but with less of that insecure high school kattiness. I wish I hadn't have had a boyfriend all through high school, I think I missed out on some great friendships with my guy friends because I was so wrapped up in Jared. Pretty silly. The only person I really wished had been there that wasn't was Paul Lawrence. I've known him since 3rd grade, and we were on and off best-ish friends, and then after my divorce, we kissed and then it got weird. (p.s. we kissed way, way after my divorce was finalized, contrary to anything you'll hear from my ex-husband.) Anyway, the last thing I heard from him was that he was going to marry some Tahitian chic that he knew from his mission, and then we kinda dropped out of each other's lives. Well, turns out that the gorgeous girl I sat next to at dinner actually is the one who married him! She moved to Viewmont in our Junior year and I didn't know her very well at all, but as we talked, she kept referring to her husband Paul & it finally clicked, so that was really, really weird. I hope that she wasn't annoyed by my asking about him, I really do have such a soft spot in my heart for him. I guess I would be a bit suspicious of a girl Matt had made out with if she started asking about him a lot. Anyway, she was very nice and it was awesome to see pictures of his adorable little boy and know that they are doing well. Time flies. Actually the one who freaked me out the most was Mike Steed. I just wanted to say "Mike Steed's gots kids?" like from Hook; "Peter Pan's gots kids?" After the reunion, Rossi & I went to see Iron Man which was awesome, I loved it and was sad that Matt wasn't there. But I am exhausted now and I cannot believe I am still online. DUMB. g'night.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's awesome Celeste that you got to see everyone and have such a great time.
I think it's great to get to know what everyone is up to for sure.
Internet helps.

The Neilson Family said...

I missed my 10-year reunion this year because...well, it's just too dang far too drive with a babe. Your blog makes me wish I would have made the effort! I heard you saw our friend, Aron Simkins. I love his wife so much. I hope you got to meet her!