Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 2

Something you love about yourself.

Believe it or not, I have come up with a lot of options for this one, but I have narrowed it down to the one that I think is the most important. The one that affects all the others and pretty much everything I do. I don't know that I can claim much credit for it, it's just kind of always been there, probably thanks in part to my parents & the way I was raised.

I love that I have always known that I have a Heavenly Father who is mindful of me & loves me. I know that I matter.

I can't imagine going through some of the things that I have without this assurance. Matt & I have been talking today about how to deal with hard times & challenges by keeping proper perspective. It is very easy for me to make sense of an unfair world by falling back on this knowledge. I believe that God allows us to go through very difficult things in this life because He wants us to turn to Him. In our joys & failures. Drawing closer to my Father in Heaven is the only way that I know to give meaning to the unfair, awful, impossible things that happen in this life. I know He is there even when He doesn't swoop in & save me or answer all my prayers just how I think He should.
Especially then.
I'm so grateful for this. I love this about me.

No comments: