is it just me, or is new year's eve totally over-rated? sometimes i think that if i was a drinker person, maybe it would be a thrill-a-minute, but then i remember that drinking has zero appeal to me what so ever. like not even a little bit. never has. so i guess i just need to enjoy the quiet little friend & family gatherings that make up the new year's eves of my life.
this year we spent the night with our good friends, the Williams' and Cella's. we had a feast of Chinese food, egg nog cheesecake & cupcakes from the cocoa bean. the adults snuck into rick & annetta's bedroom to watch the other guys (funny buddy cop movie) while the kids played the wii, tormented the dogs and devoured the better part of a costco sized barrel of cheeto balls.
a good time was had by all.
until about 11:05 when Abram woke up & let us know that he was completely over not being in his own bed. buddy had had it up to here.
so we went home & were all in bed before the ball dropped.
and i am fine with it.
last year matt & i each set some goals & they have been up on the fridge for the entirety of 2010.
i feel pretty good about my performance resolution-wise. here they are:
- have a healthy baby.... check! (ten bonus points for the fact that he is remarkably amazing and entirely too yummy)
- be a better mom (patience) .... obviously this is always a work in progress, but i think i consistently progressed throughout the year
- more consistent scriptures & prayers.... um, did pretty good there while i was preggers, but since giving birth to Abram, it's kinda gone in the toilet.
- keep my car clean... i do try. i empty the garbage areas quite frequently... it's on my radar.
- plant & take care of a good garden.... this one may not have been entirely fair for me to expect of myself. i had a baby in May for goodness sakes. but it grew & we got some stuff out of it.
- back down to driver's license weight by end of year.... well the last time i stood on a scale, i was 2.5 pounds above this goal, so i say that's alright. (keep in mind that this was before this weekend's cupcake debacle)
- no more lunches out.... there was a time there for a while that sawyer & i were doing lunch quite a bit. no more. easier on our budget & my girlish figure. and my daughter's sense of entitlement.
not too shabby
but what great things will 2011 teach me?
like i mentioned earlier, i hope to quit comparing my(worst)self to others (best) quite so much.
and while we are on the subject, that last post, you know, the one about how i don't do a very good job of focusing on my strengths.... yeah i hope that no one took that like i was fishing for compliments. it was soooo not that. i almost wish i had disabled comments on it because, although it always nice to hear people say that they think you are super swell, it was not what i was getting at. i just really want to start being a bit kinder to myself.
so for 2011, let's do that!
resolution #1- be kind to me
resolution #2- scriptures & prayers
resolution #3- assume the best of others
i think i'm going to keep it simple this year. those 3 kind of cover everything though, don't they?
what are you going to work on in 2011?